Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Harrasment Online Advice?

I'm on this small Avatar-online community and there's a girl constantly sending me threats and hate statements such as ';Die you mexican ****'; Etc





and I've contacted the moderators,


and I get replies such as





';Tell them to stop'; ..Which doesn't do anything. And It's clearly discriminating from a moderator advicing me to ignore them, and then telling me to stop (I cant if they're ignored) ( yes I do have print-screen evidence).





Even after a week after, she still keeps harassing me, I report to a modsagain, and he says ';there is nothing we can do, she was banned for the night already'


..She's already banned for something else, b4 i reported. -.-





I posted forums about the unjustice (which the company deleted, not locked [Which they 99.9 of the time do]) But luckily I have everything still on my computer.





The company is failing to take action against this harrasser, they wont even bann her, even though on the terms of use RACISM is ZERO-tolerated.





[BS]


What can I do legally?Harrasment Online Advice?
don't go on there?


hahaha it's obviously dodgy


harrassment online is lameHarrasment Online Advice?
This is a good example of how dumb Americans are. Americans are always blindly listening to the media. That's why the number of KKK memberships went up because the media always talks about illegal immigration and says racist things about Mexicans.
easy





stay off the computer for 30 days


change your email and Im,. or don't respond to her
Since you have kept print-screen evidence then a legal counsel can assist you in filing the appropriate case in your behalf. In your example ';die you Mexican'; is consistent in her alleged harassment against you then it might be considered as a death threat by good lawyers. If there are other comments against you that are libelous (ex. You X are a fa**t and loves men) even if you are not then it can be used to prosecute by your lawyer. Having print-screen evidence is considered as evidence by courts in some countries that have e-law. Countries with e-law consider electronic evidence in similar weight with a physical document.





All of those above if allegedly said or written against you are grounds for a case. If you also have evidence showing the true identity of the person you are against then you have a strong case. But if the only identity you have of your alleged harasser is her handle then legally, the courts might decide negatively on your case. This is because you do not know the real identity of the person you are against.





These are the things you can legally do in my opinion if you decide to sue her. I am not a lawyer myself so better ask someone from the legal profession regarding your case. It might be expensive option. The cheap way of dealing with this is ignoring the person or you transfer to a different forum.
  • neutrogena
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment