Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I'm getting ready to go back to school - thinking about online schooling - any advice?

Hi everyone - I'm thinking about going back to scholl after being out for about 10 years. I work full-time and travel a lot with my job so I was thinking online would be a good way to go, does anyone have any experience or pros and cons to this idea? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!I'm getting ready to go back to school - thinking about online schooling - any advice?
Online is ok, but the more in-person instruction you can get, the better. Your brain absorbs information much better in-person, plus you get to have a really natural dialogue about the subject matter.I'm getting ready to go back to school - thinking about online schooling - any advice?
Depends on your own drive, on-line is very independant. You're at your own mercy in succeeding and the balls in your hand. Are you able to study on your own? Or do you need someone to sit with you to walk you through each step?





I think on-line is very beneficial if you have a full time job. You just need to be on top of yourself in getting things done and you'll do fine.
I don't have the experience of the whole on line school just one course (General Psychology), that I decided to take instead of the actual class. I thought it would save time and allow me plenty of time to do work for other classes that I was required to be present in. Didn't quite work out for me. I didn't have the discipline for it. I kept putting the work off until suddenly it was the course deadline and I hadn't even signed in to any of the on line lectures. So of course I failed. I ended up taking the class the next semester but chose an actual class instead of on line. So if that's what you decide to do ';Good Luck';. I know going to school is really hard for you when you work full time but maybe try a weekend class t a college. I know some of the community colleges offer courses that are condensed so that people who do have a full life can still receive their degree at a minimum amount of time. Try looking into that as well.
Depends on the competition factor of the job. I know from working in education that we sneer at the applications from University of Phoenix or City University.
phoenix online is the best online college
Online schooling can be a great alternative, especially if you travel a lot. I have only done one online class and the hardest thing for me was to do the work that was required for the class, because there is no actual ';in class'; work.


I think also, it depends on what the class(es) will be. If you were to take a forgien language class, then that might be a little bit difficult.


Also, look into what kind of teacher interaction you might have or what kind of interaction, if any, you would get from your peers. If you have questions or don't understand something then what options do you have to get it resolved?

No comments:

Post a Comment