Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I need good advice about an online site?

I ordered a couple of DVD sets off a website, using a money order, well I sent the MO to the address, about a week ago, and they haven't got it, apparently the dvds were on sale, and I was told by e-mail that they'll be gone by the end of the day or tomorrow, and the man in charge of the site also advised me to cancel the order and re-order them with a credit card (which I don't have), yet I clearly stated to him that I sent the money a week ago, what should I do? and tell him?





They obviously don't honor money orders, yet thats one of their payment options.





And another thing, they sent me everything I bought in the past, which wasnt much, but still he's ignoring money orders and only taking credit cards, he shouldn't even use money orders as a payment option.





thank you all for your advice, and answers!I need good advice about an online site?
It is certainly the merchants right to offer their product on a first pay first served basis. Having said that, the terms should have been disclosed in advance, and if the merchant is unable to fulfill your order, he has an obligation to return your check or money order to you. It is clear that this merchant has a poorly designed website if it continues to accept orders once the demand exceeds the supply and I would not do business with them in the future.I need good advice about an online site?
In the UK and various other countries business operate under the law of offer and acceptance. One rule of special note here is the Postal Rule.





Under the postal rule you are deemed to have 'accepted' the 'offer to buy' made by an advertiser at the time you place your payment in the post. As such the advertiser is legally bound to honour this regardless of when it turns up. The only thing though is that you MUST have proof of posting your payment, otherwise the advertiser is under no obligation.





If you did no send your payment by registered post then you do not have any legal grounds for recourse. I think you have two choices at the end of the day ... either accept that you will not get the goods at the sale prices, and cancel the order - or reason with the advertiser that as a repeat buyer you are not happy and will give him no more of your business.
they must have a address were you sent the money orders, write him a letter. asking for the return of your money or goods, if the order has been cashed and no goods then that is theft, if its in your own country, call the police if its in a foriegn country, then they must have a department that deals with internet/fraud. regards lf

No comments:

Post a Comment