Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Veterinarian online advice please (cat)?

Last Saturday I took my cat to the vet to have an abscess drained. It looked as though he had been bitten on the hind leg and the wound became infected fairly quickly. The low cost vet where I take him is 2 hours away, I have no car so I take public transportation (2 trains and a bus, the bus stops running at 7pm).. I was told to bring him back in 3-4 days. I couldn't do that because of lack of transportation and bad weather.


Now, he still has his bandages on and I have been giving him his amoxil and pain meds on time as prescribed. I know that he vet needs to take a look at the incision and I plan on taking him back tomorrow.


My question is - Is there anything I can do now or should worry about in the meantime? I have not changed the bandage and I couldn't anyway because this cat won't let you touch that leg without attacking.


He seems to be doing well though.Veterinarian online advice please (cat)?
There are no vets here, sometimes a few vet techs but that is all. Why not call the vet's and tell them what is happening, I'm sure they will be happy to help you. Sounds like he is doing well and you have helped him. I'm glad you will be taking him back to the vet.





good luck!Veterinarian online advice please (cat)?
You need to get him back to the vet for a recheck as soon as possible. Since the area is bandaged, you have no idea what is going on underneath and it needs to be rechecked at the least.
Are there any animal shelters with a vet on staff? You can phone them and ask for a second opinion and have them look at him.
Since you are going to the vet tomorrow, I'd leave it for now and let them handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment