Monday, August 23, 2010

I am going to be taking classes online to complete my degree. Does anyone have any advice or or tips for me?

I am in the process of making arrangements to complete my degree through the University of Phoenix online. I have completed four years plus of undergraduate studies at various colleges but because of family obligations, financial problems etc I never really had a chance to finish. Now I am making this a priority. I wanted to hear from anyone who may have taken online courses through this or other programs and find out what they thought, what should I expect and learn what I can to prepare myself from others. All sincere answers are welcome and wanted,I am going to be taking classes online to complete my degree. Does anyone have any advice or or tips for me?
I've taken online classes through the University of Central Florida. Though it's not an online university, I can share with you my experiences from it.





First of all, you will need to pay very close attention to the syllabus requirements. I've had teachers who have had requirements as to how many times you need to log in each week or how much time you need to spend at the course website as a way of grading you for attendance.





You should also be prepared to do a lot of reading. A few of the professors I studied under assigned very large amounts of reading because they knew that we would have access to our textbooks while taking the exams and did not want the information to be too easy to locate, particularly for students who were not completing the reading.





Some of my teachers also had requirements for engaging in discussion postings on the site with other students, and only well-thought out responses received grades.





I always made it a point to try to log in to all of my classes once a day just in case I might have forgotten when a quiz or assignment was due. Even if I didn't do any work at the time, it was my way of ensuring I never fell behind and really helped me.





All in all, it is a far more convenient way to take classes, but don't think that it will always be easy. A lot of students assume that and wind up performing poorly. Good luck!I am going to be taking classes online to complete my degree. Does anyone have any advice or or tips for me?
I have taken 13 classes online thru my college FLCC. It went pretty well. I seem to do better in online classes. I think you will do well if you are good at being your own boss persay and managing time. The online classes that i have taken were pretty self explanitory. You go to a certain website and all the chapters you are going to learn about are links. You just read the lectures and you will see were assignments are and stuff.





Online calsses can be very busy or very slow. Oh yes and it depends if you have a good teacher or not too. I think I learn more or just the same in online classes compared to traditional in class classes.





Always pace yourself too. What I do is for every month is make a calender and look in the course schedule and put down assignments that are due, so I know a few days before what is due when so I don't get lost and I know what is comming up.





Always ask questions too if you feel stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment