Saturday, August 21, 2010

Advice from online daters? How many e-mail exchanges is suffient before asking the recipient out on a date?

I'm new to the online dating scene, and am kind of unsure of how many e-mail exchanges must happen before I ask this female out on a date. We've seem to hit off, and I believe it has been 3 or 4 exchanges. Those of you who have experience in online dating, what do you think?Advice from online daters? How many e-mail exchanges is suffient before asking the recipient out on a date?
I personally found that asking sooner was better than asking later. I dated online exclusively for about a year and found that waiting didn't really improve my chances. Actually, when I first emailed my wife I just came out and asked her out in my first email (obviously that worked out).





While the number of emails you should send isn't set in stone, I rarely waited past the second or third before asking. Even if the woman wasn't ready to meet, it wasn't as if we stopped talking. If she declined, I would just ask again in about a week. This worked very well for me.





I kept track of what did and did not work for me and posted it all on my web site. The part where I wrote about emailing can be found here: http://www.littleredrails.com/blog/the-first-date/





Hope it helps!Advice from online daters? How many e-mail exchanges is suffient before asking the recipient out on a date?
Just come out and ask her, if she'd like to go for a coffee or something... If she's ready she'll let you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment