Thursday, August 19, 2010

Anyone have advice for online dating?

Currently I'm on eHarmony, and have been talking to a girl on there for about a week and a half. We have exchanged four emails so far. She seems interested in me, and is asking many questions about myself. Should I ask for her phone number, or just ask her out on a date instead and skip getting the phone number? If I do ask for her phone number, via email, how should I ask for it?Anyone have advice for online dating?
When I used on line dating (yahoo personals when it was free - I am a cheapskate) after a few emails had been exchanged - about 2 weeks had past - I asked her whether she would like to meet up. She agreed, we met during the day (lunch-time) in the city centre. We had a bite to eat, a long chat in a coffee shop and we met up again.





That was five and a half years ago, now. We are now living together in our own house, have had several overseas holidays and now have a beautiful 2 and a half year old daughter!





It does work!Anyone have advice for online dating?
Set up a meeting in a public place, and something very low pressure, such as coffee or lunch. The best idea is to set it up for lunch on a Sunday. This way, if things are going great, you can continue the date without having to worry about anything interfering. On the same token, if things start going bad, you have an automatic out, such as you have to get ready for work the next day (always have a good backup). If she says yes, send an e-mail back with the time and place, and say something along the lines of ';Here is my cell phone in case you're running late or can't find me.'; If she's smart (we'll assume she is), she'll say something like ';Ok, great, and here's my number.'; Thus, you set up the date, go forward with meeting her, and get her number, and avoid awkwardness. I would do this pretty soon, because if you start dragging the conversation out before you meet it'll just be awkward when you finally have a face to face. Good luck.
I think you should wait a little bit longer before you ask her for her number or to go on a date with her,because you have only known her 4 a week going on two week's.If i was that girl i would be thinking it's a little to soon to exchange number's or meet. Just give it a little bit more time and get to know her a little bit more. And make her feel comfortable to talk to you and all that good stuff.ok








hope i was able to help you out=)
I used online dating, that's how I met the guy I have been with for a year!





I never gave my number out through email. I always met the guy first, and in a public place.





Try using messenger, and having actual one on one conversations rather than just emails. That's usually what got me to say yes to a date, the fact that we had already had good conversations on messenger.





Then just ask, ';would you like to go out sometime';


Or ';there is this movie I want to see, want to go';


Same as you would a regular date.





One thing, you may want to try to get their phone number prior to the date though. It can be troublesome finding someone in a public place with no phone numbers. So, after you set the date ask for her number in case you guys cant find each other. or leave her with yours in case she cant find you.
I think you should ask for her number first so you can talk more often and you'll get a better idea of who she is. You don't want to just rush into meeting someone you hardly know. I tried online dating but didn't have much success but that's not to say it won't work out for you. What I will say is that you should always trust your gut instinct,if something doesn't feel right,go with it. I hope this has been some help. Good luck and best wishes for the future x
If it was me, I would email her and ask if it was OK for you to talk on the phone or possibly meet for coffee or lunch. I say coffee or lunch because they're short duration things so if you guys don't connect then it can end quickly. They're also less intimidating than dinner and a movie. She may be naturally apprehensive about the online thing so I think it makes sense to go slow and stay in her comfort zone. Good luck!
I think you need to get the phone number so you can go out on a date. That way you'll be able to plan it out
You should ask for her number before you ask her for a date. it's as simple as saying, ';would you be comfortable with me calling you?'
ummm ask her on a date


than she will ask where wen ect


then say ill giv u a call


then u will get a date and her number!
Ask her to meet you somewhere like in a coffee shop or something in the middle of the day first.
well I will recomend to visit and use www.mynica.info
put plastic over your key board

No comments:

Post a Comment